Tuesday 18 December 2012

Talk about Tibet - 3 fish story

my proposal for a project to use
 the creative media to challenge the myths about Tibet
 promoted by the Chinese authorities



I started to use the footages I
 took as an inspiration tank to generated ideas. 
There were many complicated issues raised by my interviewees.
 For example,
 I had one interview of several students
 from different countries having
 a long discussion of the comparison of the relationships
 of China and Tibet, of China and Hong Kong
 and of China and Taiwan.
 It was over complicated
 by a lot of historical references
 include the British Empire, 
the first and second World War,
 the civil war and independence of China,
 different religion and ideology.

 I remember that during the interview, 
a British student and an Indian student 
contributed a lot while a Brazilian 
and a Spanish student finding themselves
 overwhelmed by Chinese names of people
 and places they had not heard of and
 by historical events they were not familiar with.

 So they had to stop the conversation 
going into endless details and asked 
what was the major difference 
of the three in twenty-first century? 
Nobody provided a clear answer
 at the end.

 But when I was editing the interview
 a few months later at home,
 I felt there must be a simple answer 
which could be understood
 by a person with little knowledge of
 the background or a child. 
I believe in my project,
 it might be a better idea 
to present a mini-story of
 the answer rather than showing
 the whole discussion of raising up the question.
 Also if I could keep the story short, 
I would be able to edit it into different versions
 to battle over internet censorship in China.



personal project
technique: stop motion, ,clay and paper model,AE
length of making:3 weeks
more info(include the film poster)
ilovetibetan.wordpress.com/
or
ilovetibetan.blogspot.co.uk/
or youtube channel
youtube.com/channel/UCxQNg9ND93NhPNzgEJyMi7A?feature=mhee
or
https://vimeo.com/user15197368



The first one is about the very complicated 
subject I mentioned above: 
the comparison of the relationships of China and Tibet,
 of China and Hong Kong and of China and Taiwan.
 I try to present it as a simple and cheerful
 children’s story or a folklore leaving the space for different versions
 with or without the voice over.

No comments:

Post a Comment